The reports of Medical News Today magazine state that Ativan is one among the widely prescribed drugs in U.S. It is the popular psychoactive drug among the other Benzodiazepine drugs used to counteract the symptoms of anxiety and related sleep disorders.
What happens when you take Ativan?
The users say that Ativan provides the best effects than any other anxiolytics because of its two-way action on the brain. Lorazepam which is the basic active ingredient which enhances the effect of Gamma Amino Butyric Acid (GABA). GABA is a neurotransmitter that is produced by the brain in normal conditions.
The chemical is known to inhibit the excitability of nerves in the brain. Ativan together with GABA slows down the activities in the brain. The another way is that this drug makes the brain to produce excess dopamine. It is a chemical produced by the brain that gives a feeling of pleasure.
How does your body react to Ativan?
Ativan is a powerful medicine that makes you feel sleepy. Your brain takes longer than usual time to respond to a situation. The ability of your brain to judge the things is impaired. This medication takes you to a transient phase in which you don’t feel panic when you wake up in the morning. You feel relaxed. You can sleep without any fear and anxiety.
What are the precautions to be followed?
- As we have seen that Ativan suppresses the activities in the brain, you should be cautious while driving and operating machinery after taking the pill. It is recommended to postpone such activities so that you can avoid putting your life at risk.
- Alcohol, when taken together with this medication, increases the risk of developing side effects. It is better to avoid taking alcohol as long as you take this drug.
- Grape juice is also known to show the effects similar to alcohol when taken along with Ativan. The juice does not allow the body to take up this medication so, the level of the drug rises in the blood causing side effects.
- Ativan should not be stopped suddenly to avoid developing any withdrawal symptoms. The dose should be tapered during the initiation and withdrawal to make it smooth and pleasant for you. In case you feel any symptoms such as a headache, restlessness, confusion, forgetfulness, unsteadiness, depression, etc. consult the physician without any delay.
- On account of trusted effects, this drug is highly addictive. The users keep on increasing the dose of the drug because as days pass by, the effect of the drug at regular doses fades away. In order to get those effects at the same level, they keep on increasing the dose and ultimately develop dependency. To avoid such adverse conditions, the physicians do not prescribe this drug for more than 4 months. And one cannot buy ativan without a prescription even from an exclusive Ativan online pharmacy.
- You should be cautious of Ativan abusers. You should keep the prescription safely away from the reach of others, especially alcohol abusers.
Ativan is a bliss and devil at the same time. It all depends on why and how you use it. Act judiciously to benefit from the drug.