How to help an individual to quit Ativan?
Ativan being a medication can be easily bought from verified ativan online pharmacies since this medication is able to treat the issues at a faster pace people use this medication for abusing purpose and get addicted to it. The addiction can result in major health issues and also affects the persons around the addicted individual. Helping someone to quit requires immense amounts of know-how and planning. Simply trying to get someone to quit taking the drug is not likely to work. Professional help is the best way to help a person to quit taking this medication. However, there are many things that a person can do to help another person to get over the Ativan dependency. Here’s what you need to know before embarking on the quest to get the addicted individual to quit taking the drug.
What are the Ativan addiction symptoms to look out for?
It can occur in a person even when the drug is taken as directed. The risk is higher when the drug is taken for longer and in higher dosage strengths. It may be suitable in overcoming a number of anxiety disorders but the risk of dependency is why the use of the medication should be monitored. Understanding when the person is in need of help will enable getting timely treatment. Addiction behavior can be easily spotted with the following signs:
- Running out of Ativan before the prescription ends
- The urge to constantly take the drug
- Unable to function in any way without the medicine
- Side effects like changes in memory, mood and concentration
- Showing signs of withdrawal symptoms when the drug is not available
This is not an exhaustive list but can help in knowing that something is not right.
The challenge of quitting Ativan
Getting someone to quit is not an easy task as the effects are both psychological and physical. The user is bound to have developed tolerance or drug dependence, which can cause withdrawal side effects if quitting the medication cold turkey. Professional medical assistance is important for getting through the detox process. The healthcare provider would be able to help the person to safely get through the Ativan addiction with tapered doses and alternative treatment methods. Take help in any way possible to successfully overcome the addiction to Ativan.
What you should consider before helping an Ativan addict
Educating yourself will be useful in helping the person addicted to this drug to quit. If you know the challenges ahead then you would be better prepared when they occur. The following are what you should keep in mind about helping an Ativan addict:
- Addiction is a complex but treatable condition, and that it primarily affects a person’s behavior and brain.
- Successful problem recovery depends on many factors like duration of therapy, reason for the problem, treatment methods used, and the motivation to stay sober.
- That using medications to treat this issue is completely okay. However, these should be combined with other treatment methods.
- The addiction and recovery process is different for every individual and should be seen as just that by understanding the patient’s individual needs.
- The Ativan dependence does not always have to be voluntary. Getting professional help is important as most addicts deny that they have a problem.
Helping a friend who is an Ativan addict
Finding help for a friend who is addicted is not all that easy. What can help you in dealing with this problem is to avoid criticizing or passing judgments, avoid beginning a conversation when under the influence of the drug, trying to show compassion for the friend’s situation, and actually seeking professional help for yourself. Check out local communities who can support the de-addiction process and even other friends who are willing take part in an intervention. Get the conversation going and seek professional assistance to successfully overcome the Ativan addiction.